Skip to main content

Housing Benefit

You could get housing benefit to help pay your rent if you're on a low income, unemployed or claim benefits.

Housing Benefit is being replaced with Universal Credit so you can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if any of the following applies to your circumstances.

  • You live in supported, temporary or emergency accommodation.
  • You and your partner are both Pension Credit age.

If any of the above does not apply to you, you may be eligible to claim Universal Credit.

If you are unsure what benefits you may be entitled to independent benefits calculators are available to estimate what benefits you might be able to claim, the amount and how your entitlement may be effected by household changes like starting work.

Make a claim for Housing Benefit

Any supporting evidence we need to assess your claim can be uploaded inside this form.

If you cannot apply online please contact the benefits team.

Benefit Contact Details

01527 534050

We have introduced a call back facility for when we are experiencing a high volume of calls.

This will mean that instead of waiting in a queue to speak to someone after a period of waiting you will be able to leave your name and number and we will get back to you by the end of the next working day.

Benefits Opening hours

Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm

Friday 10am to 5pm

Bank Holidays Closed

Feedback & Share