Skip to main content


Reporting Benefit Fraud

As of 1st February 2016, the responsibility for Benefit Fraud investigation (including Housing Benefit Fraud) has now moved to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

For more information, please visit

To report all types of Benefit Fraud (including Housing Benefit Fraud) you can do so in one of the following ways:

Online at: Report benefit fraud GOV.UK

Telephone: 0800 854440

Post: National Benefit Fraud Hotline (NBFH), PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP

Council Tax Fraud

The Council is still responsible for the investigation of Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS) and any Council Tax discounts that may have been falsely claimed.

Please contact us to report Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS) fraud or false discounts, here are our contact details.

Feedback & Share