Skip to content

Here is a list of some of the most popular things you can apply for.

Active Redditch Card

Disabled or in receipt of certain benefits? You can get 25%, 50%, or 100% off selected leisure & culture services with the Active Redditch Card. Apply now!

Active Redditch Kids

Active Redditch Kids

Adaptations, alterations, improvements for council tenant or leaseholder

If you are a council tenant or leaseholder here's how you may carry out improvements to your home.

Adopt an Area

Volunteers including schools, community groups, businesses and residents can now Adopt an Area. It could be your street or part of it, a park, or a path you regularly use.


Allotments are a great way to be active, socialise and grow fruit and vegetables. There are 790 allotment plots in Redditch!

Apply for a disabled parking space - council tenant or leaseholder

Council tenant or leaseholders, under certain conditions can request us to create a disabled parking space close to where you live.

Apply for a disabled parking space - Homeowners

As a homeowner, under certain conditions you can request us to create a disabled parking space close to where you live.

Benefits and help

From help with your council tax, housing benefits, Universal Credit and other support service, you can find financial assistance from us here.

Blue Badges

External Link to Worcestershire County Council Blue Badge Scheme

Commercial Waste Services

We can provide a variety of solutions to your business waste requirements, ranging from plastic bags to large wheeled containers. A Shared service with Bromsgrove District Council

Community transport

Redditch Dial A Ride is a door-to-door community transport service for residents of the borough who can't use public transport.

Concessionary travel

Here is full information on concessionary travel passes from Worcestershire County Council.

Council Tax Support

You may be able to get help with your Council Tax if you are, or someone who lives with you is, on a low income or disabled.

Disabled Facilities Grants for homeowners

If you're a homeowner you may be able to get help to pay for essential adaptations to your home if you or someone who lives with you has a disability.

Dropped Kerb

A link to the Worcestershire County Dropped Kerb page

Electoral register

Get on the electoral register (sometimes called the electoral roll), or update your name or address details, here.

Free School Meals

a link to Worcestershire County Council to apply for free school meals

Freedom of Information

You can find everything about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and making FOI requests here.


Here's everything you need to rent a garage from us, from payments to cancellations.

Garden Waste Service

Find out all you need to know about the garden waste service here

Grants and funding

You can often get grants and funding to help your business, including for voluntary and community operations and sports clubs. Find out more here.

Grants to help council tenants or leaseholder create your first parking space

If you are a council tenant or leaseholder and don’t already have a parking space on your property and want to create one, we can help.

Home Choice

Apply for council and housing association properties in Redditch with Home Choice here.

Home Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance, a service for tenants and leaseholders of Redditch Council, find our more here

Homeowner grants to help create your first parking space

If you are a homeowner and don’t already have a parking space on your property and want to create one, we can help.

Joint tenancy

Two or more adults can sign a joint tenancy and share all responsibility for it. Here are the details.

Landlord and Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

If your property is occupied by more than a single household by at least 5 persons and access or any other facility is shared, you must usually register it as an HMO and in some cases licence it.


You may need licenses or permits for your business activity, to ensure high standards and public safety. Find out more here.

Litter and dog bins

You can report a full litter or dog bin, request a new bin or let us know a bin is in need of repairing or replacing here.

NEW Lifeline

Our community alarm service provides peace of mind 24 hours per day, 365 days per year to vulnerable people and their families.

New or replacement bin request

If you have lost your bin or it is damaged, you can request a replacement here.

NHS Covid 19 Test and Trace Self-Isolation Support Payment

A new support package for those who need to self isolate because of Covid 19 has been made available from 28th September 2020.

Office space

Here are the office spaces that are available in our business centres

Planning permission

Normally if you wish to develop land or buildings you will have to apply to us for planning permission. You can find out about our pre-application service and fees and how to submit your application here

Property and Land sales

If you want to apply to buy a small piece of land you can find out how to apply here

Rent Payment Card

You can now get a Rent Payment Card to easily pay your council rent at your local Post Office or PayPoint outlet, if you're not already signed up by Direct Debit.

Request a different size bin

If your bins are too big or too small for your needs, you can request a change here.

Resident and visitor parking permits

Some roads have parking schemes to improve parking for residents and visitors. On these roads, parking is limited without a permit.

Right to buy

If you are a council tenant you may be able to buy your home at a discount under the right to buy scheme. Find out more here.

Run an event

If you want to plan and run an event on our land, no matter the size of your event we can support you to do it.

School Admissions

a link to Worcestershire County Council School Admissions page


If you have difficulty walking you can register to use our equipment to help you get around Redditch town centre.

Small business rate relief

Could your small businesses be paying less tax through a discount on your business rates?

Sponsor a roundabout

Are you looking for a new way to promote your business? Sponsor our roundabouts to advertise to up to 21,000 passing vehicles a day for as little as £2,400 a year.

Street naming and numbering

You can change or get a new postcode, street name or number here.

Temporary Event Notices

Planning an event that includes licensable activities on unlicensed premises? Notify us at least 10 working days before your event.

Temporary Footpath and Road Closures

Here are details of Temporary Road and Footpath closures and our application process to apply for a closure

Voluntary and community sector funding

If you are a new or established voluntary or community sector organisation in Redditch, you could be eligible for funding under our grants schemes.

Zumba For All

Perfect for active older adults who are looking for a modified Zumba class that recreates the original moves at a lower intensity.