Redditch town centre’s beautiful bandstand hosts events all year round including the summer Bandstand Festival. It’s also available to book for performances.
Built in Church Green in 1883 alongside the Bartleet Fountain during major improvements to that part of Redditch, the bandstand’s character has been preserved throughout 130 years of improvements and updates.
The bandstand is octagonal with brick balustrades all the way round, overhanging eaves, a concrete floor, and downlighters.
The Bartleet Fountain
The Grade II listed cast iron fountain was presented to Redditch in 1883 by needlemaster R S Bartleet to commemorate the installation of the town’s new water supply.
Along with the bandstand, it was among the final phase of Victorian improvements to the town centre that followed the construction of the new parish church between 1854-5, and the new houses, commercial and institutional buildings that were erected around the green in the second half of the century.
The bandstand is in the grounds of St Stephen's Church, Church Green, Redditch B97 4DY.
Book the bandstand