As you are aware the situation has changed regarding how much time we are to spend outside and where we are allowed to visit. The allotments are all currently open and will remain so until we are advised otherwise. Travel to and from the allotments is permitted if due precautions are taken. Visiting the site constitutes your daily exercise set out by the government.
If there is an Association or community building on the site then this should not be re-opened until this level of isolation has been lifted.
Communal toilets on site are also now off limits for use by anyone. Do not use them under any circumstances.
We ask that all tenants visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please keep your distance from other tenants to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current government guidelines about social distancing.
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Wash your hands before and after touching site gates, locks, water taps or other communal assets. Take a supply of either hand sanitiser or soap and water with you to the site for hand washing where these are not already available.
- The use of the sites is for allotment tenants only. No groups are allowed on site and only family members that live with the tenant can enter the site if the tenant is also present.
- Do not use water butts to wash hands or equipment. The water is for plant watering purposes only. Be careful not to contaminate butts with any soap or any other chemicals.
- Please stay on your plot and do not enter another plot under any circumstances.
We urge all our allotment holders to do what they can to their plots to help reduce the growth of weeds and grasses during this time that may overwhelm the plot if you are unable to visit for an extended period.
As a Council we will also face restrictions over the coming weeks as to what we are capable of doing in terms of maintenance and repairs that might be needed. We will try and rectify these issues when we can, but it might be necessary in the mean time for allotment associations to come up with short term solutions themselves.
For all our other Coronavirus updates, press here.
Allotments are a great way to be active, socialise and grow fruit and vegetables. There are 14 allotment sites across Redditch that cover approximately 37 acres. Some of these sites have vacancies on them and others operate a waiting list.
Please get in touch and we will be able to point you in the right direction.
Please be advised that some of our sites have a waiting list.
You can find our prices and concessionary rates below.
You will need to sign a tenancy agreement with us to rent an allotment. Here is a example copy of our tenancy agreement.
As a Local Authority we collect, hold and process information supplied by you in accordance with the Data Protection Act, to allow us to provide services effectively. You can find out more regarding this and our privacy notice here.
There are three ways you can pay for your allotment:
Press here to make debit or credit card payments online 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Press here to make debit or credit card payments over the telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Customer Service Centre
Here are the current prices, including for water and Active Redditch Card concessionary rates, for our allotments.
Here's the list of our allotment sites. The majority of the allotment sites are managed by allotment associations. These local committee structures help to manage local issues, such as security.
- Astwood Bank Allotments Site Location, Feckenham Road, B96 6DE
- Beoley Road Allotments Site Location, Beoley Road East, B98 8PD
- Bridge Street Allotments Site Location, Bridge Street, B97 6HH
- Church Hill Allotments Site Location, Marlfield Lane/ Papermill Drive, B98 8QJ
- Dolphin Road Allotments Site Location, Rear of Dolphin Road, B98 8JJ
- Greenlands Allotments Site Location, Rear of South Redditch Sports & Social Club, B98 7RS
- Lodge Park Allotments Site Location, Collison Close, B98 7LW
- Matchborough Allotments Site Location, Claybrook Drive (Opposite Mill Hill Road) B98 0BL
- Sandpitts Allotments Site Location, Bentley Close, B97 4PU
- Sillins Avenue Allotments Site Location, Sandon Close (rear of Sillins Ave) B98 8JX
- Tilehouse Allotments Site Location, Next to St Lukes First School/ Plymouth Road B97 4NU
- Walkwood Allotments Site Location, Walkwood Road, B97 5NU
- Webheath Allotments Site Location, Bromsgrove Road- B97 4NH
- Winyates Green Allotments Site Location, Furze Lane- B98 0SE