Skip to content

Drainage and sewerage

You as an owner/occupier are responsible for drains and sewers on your property, except where the drain is shared by more than one property.

Severn Trent Water Ltd is responsible for shared drains and sewers and those running outside property boundaries.

We only have responsibility for drains and sewers that we own.

A range of services are provided by other authorities or on our behalf by partner authorities, including roads, drainage and flooding, and pollution.

You can report issues on the highway to Worcestershire County Council on the county website.

You can report pollution or nuisance from septic tanks, cesspools and private treatment plants to Worcestershire Regulatory Services (WRS) to be investigated.

Surface water flooding is generally handled by North Worcestershire Water Management.