My bin hasn't been emptied
If you leave the correct bin at the kerbside for 7am on your collection day we will empty it more than 99.9% of the time.
Reasons we may not have collected your bin
- It's the wrong bin
- You put it out late (after 7am)
- It's not kerbside
- It's too heavy
- It contains the wrong waste
If we come across any of the above problems we will not be able to return and empty your bin until your next collection day, which is usually in two weeks. You will need to correct these problems so we can empty your bin on your next collection day. Any excess waste you have will need to be taken to the tip.
Has my bin really been missed?
- We can collect up to 5pm Tuesday to Thursday and 4pm Friday - we may not have got to you yet
- Sometimes our crews change their route which means they are not with you when you expect them to be
- The wagon may be full and we've had to go and tip off half way through a collection - we will be back
- You may have seen a wagon carrying out a different collection such as Garden Waste
- We may have been delayed due to weather conditions
Before you report your bin as missed, please check:
- That you have
- Today's waste collections service status, in case of known problems
- That your bin was put out correctly (as explained above)
If you have checked these things and think we have in fact missed your bin, Please click here to report it.