Advice on meeting housing and living costs
We know that this is a very worrying time when you have a home and family to look after. Many of our customers will be affected by a loss of income during this difficult period and will be concerned about making ends meet.
Ensuring you feel secure in your home is our absolute priority. We want to reassure you that we are committed to working through this difficult time with you, not against you. Please let us know if you are having difficulties so we can support you.
- General advice: we're working with you
- What we are doing for you, and what you can do to help us help you
- Tell us about a problem with paying rent or other living cost
- More Coronavirus information
More and more help and support is becoming available to you day by day and we are committed to providing as much support and advice as we can to help you through this uncertain time.
Whether that be advising you on benefit entitlements to meet your living costs or accessing government support packages to ensure you maintain energy supplies to your home, you can speak to your local Tenancy team and check our main Coronavirus updates page for advice.
The range of government advice and support available is developing daily.
- Suspending legal action and evictions for rent arrears at this time, in line with Government legislation
- Identifying those who are most financially vulnerable and contacting them to offer advice and assistance
- Providing help and support that helps you to remain in your tenancy
- Keeping you safe and in accordance with Government advice to Stay Home, Save Lives: we are not currently conducting home or face to face visits for the purposes of managing your tenancy.
What you can do to help us help you
- Please understand that we are finding ways to providing solutions and services in unprecedented times. Some services simply cannot be delivered as to do so would mean our staff would have to go against government guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus. Please be patient with us while find ways to help you in the best way we can.
- Contact us if you are worried about paying rent and bills or if you feel unsafe in your home.
- Most of all Stay Home, Save Lives
If you are going to be unable to make a payment, in full or in part, please let us know. We can help you access support that is available to get back to normal once the outbreak is over.
|Tell us about a problem paying rent or other living cost (form opens in new tab)|
Alternatively speak your local Tenancy team for the most up to date information and advice.
Redditch Borough Council is working with partners and key agencies to stay up to date in receiving top-level guidance on Coronavirus, and will be taking appropriate action across its services as required. To check service updates during the outbreak please visit www.redditchbc.gov.uk/coronavirus.
For our Housing-related Coronavirus updates only, press here.