Learningonline Redditch provides FREE, high quality learning opportunities for people aged 19 and over*
Do you want to…
- Improve English and/or maths skills?
- To gain a recognised qualification in English or maths?
- Learn in a flexible, independent, no pressure environment?
- Get the job you’ve always dreamed of?
- Be accepted on to a higher education course?
- Improve your confidence or self-esteem?
- Train up your workforce at low cost?
If the answer to any of these is yes, then Learningonline Redditch is the place for you. Come and learn vital skills for today’s employment market in our professional, modern, small and friendly learning environment.
Why choose us?
- Qualifications are accepted by a number of colleges and universities as an equivalent to GCSE’s
- We have a 90% first time pass rate compared to 45% national average
- Completely flexible courses tailored to you
- Courses are free to anyone who does not have a prior qualification
- Fully qualified teachers and personal tutors for one to one learning
- Choose how often you want to attend the centre with dates and times that fit in with your life
- Learn in our centre, at home or online anywhere
- Enrol at any time during the year, work at your own pace and sit your exams when you and your tutor feel you are ready
- Get accredited and recognised qualifications
- Show employers you are willing and able to learn and improve your skills
- Funded and supported by Heart of Worcestershire College and the Adult Education Budget
- Benefit from our independent learning style– complete your course as quickly as you want
*Under 19’s may still be eligible – please contact us to discuss. Our contact details can be found on this page.
Funded and supported by Heart of Worcestershire College and the EU Social Fund
English Courses - Functional Skills
Our English courses are recognised qualifications, accredited by NCFE and, at level 2, equivalent to an English GCSE.
There are three elements to the course and these are assessed by separate end tests:
- Identifying the main points and purpose of a piece of text
- Recognising the difference between instructions, explanations, descriptions and persuasions
- Understanding the writers voice and tone
- Comparing and contrasting several pieces of text
- Analysing and understanding texts and how they convey information
- Planning, drafting and writing in both formal and informal writing
- Writing different types of texts from formal reports, letters and emails to leaflets, articles and blogs
- Improving you skills of spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Proofreading skills
- Speaking and Listening:
- Demonstrating listening and speaking skills by delivering a short presentation showing you can adapt your tone, voice and content to medium and listener
- Answer questions and respond appropriately to an audience
- Making relevant contributions about a given topic in a small group discussion
Maths Courses - Functional Skills
Our Maths courses are recognised qualifications, accredited by NCFE and, at level 2, equivalent to a Maths GCSE.
There are two papers to complete for the exam, a non-calculator paper and a calculator paper. These are sat at the same time and have a time-limit of two hours.
Our Maths courses cover:
- Working with numbers:
- Everyday number skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratio, estimation, rounding and proportion
- Working with Fractions, Decimals & Percentages:
- Understanding common fractions, using equivalent forms, understanding percentages and decimals.
- Working with money, time, lengths, distances, weights, capacity, temperature, perimeter, area, circumference, and volume.
- Working with tables, diagrams, graphs, charts, mean, mode and range.
- Shape and Space:
- Working with solving problems with 2D shapes, drawing plans and elevations using 2D and 3D shapes.
- These skills are used to demonstrate the ability to recognise, analyse and interpret maths in practical problems and use a range of techniques to find solutions.
Monday to Thursday 9:15 to 10:45, 11.00 to 12:30 and 1:15 to 2:45
Friday 9:15 to 11:30
Need to contact us?