Test and Trace Support Payments
The government have announced a new covid support package to support and enforce residents to self-isolate.
From the 28th September 2020, a new covid package to support and enforce self-isolation for those on lower incomes asked to self-isolate by law may be eligible to claim a support payment of £500 from Redditch Borough Council.
Who is eligible?
If you do not have a NHS Test and Trace 8 character reference code as proof of notification that you need to self-isolate you will not be eligible to claim a support payment.
To be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment a resident must:
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28th September 2020 or identified as a close contact by the NHS COVID-19 App from 10th December 2020 and:
- provide proof you have been asked to self isolate by the NHS Test and Trace app along with the unique 8-character reference code and:
- be employed or self-employed and:
- unable to work from home and will lose income by not being able to go into work and:
- eligible for and currently receiving any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support.
- Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
If you are not currently receiving payments from any of the benefits listed above please do not declare you are.
This will result in your claim being submitted incorrectly and delay the process.
If you incorrectly apply for the main scheme your claim will be rejected and you will be advised to re-apply for our Discretionary Scheme.
About our Discretionary Scheme
If you meet criteria 1-4 of the above but not 5, you can apply for our discretionary scheme if you meet the following criteria
- you work over 16 hours a week and
- you earn less than £350 a week before tax and other deductions and
- you have less than £6000 in savings and
- we have to be satisfied that you will experience exceptional financial hardship as a result of having to isolate
If you do not have a NHS Test and Trace 8 character reference code as proof of notification that you need to self-isolate you will not be eligible to claim a discretionary support payment.
You can apply for the discretionary scheme using the application form at the end of this page.
We have limited funding for the Discretionary Scheme. Once all funds have been allocated, no further claims can be paid.
You will need to provide the following evidence:
- a notification from the Test and Trace app you have been asked to self isolate. This must include the unique 8-character reference code also sent from the Test and Trace app
- a recent bank statement showing your name, address, account details and your most recent wage clearly showing on the same document.
- written confirmation from your employer that you will not be paid for the period you need to isolate.
- if you are self employed, proof of your self assessment tax returns, your trading income and evidence your business delivers a service that cannot be provided without social contact up to the date of isolation
For our discretionary scheme you will need all of the evidence listed above and
- proof of usual weekly hours worked i.e. contract of employment, recent payslip or written declaration if self employed
Your supporting evidence can be uploaded in the application form when you apply or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE: Any supporting information must be submitted within 7 days of the request.
If you do not provide your evidence within this period, your claim will be rejected.
How can I apply?
You can apply for the Test and Trace Support Payment or Discretionary payment by completing the online form below.
Someone else can help you fill in the form or do it for you but only the person who has been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace can receive the payment.
If you need help filling in the form please email email@example.com or phone 01527 534050.
You will still need to upload your evidence with the application form or send it by email.
**If you are requested to provide supporting information this must be submitted within 7 days of the request . If you do not provide the details within this period, your claim will be rejected.
Please read our NHS Test and Trace Self Isolation Payment Privacy Notice.
If you have any enquiries about Test and Trace Support Payments please email firstname.lastname@example.org