Help with Council Tax

You may be able to get help with your Council Tax if you are, or someone who lives with you is, on a low income or disabled.

There are three ways we may be able to help:

  1. Council Tax Support. If you are on a low income you may be able to get support to pay up to 80% of your Council Tax, or up to 100% if you are a pensioner
  2. Council Tax Hardship Scheme. If you get Council Tax Support and can’t pay your Council Tax, you can apply for help under our hardship scheme
  3. Second Adult Rebate. If you don’t live with a partner but you do live with someone on a low income who doesn’t pay you rent, you may be able to get support to pay your Council Tax.