Council Tax Support

Warning Sign Tiny Coronavirus update: Due to the covid-19 pandemic the government has introduced extra help for working age households that claim council tax support to help pay their council tax bill. Please visit our covid 19 extra help page for more information.

For all the Coronavirus updates from our benefits services press here.

There are four ways we may be able to help:

  • Council Tax Support. If you are on a low income you may be able to get support to pay your Council Tax, including if you are a pensioner, or a care leaver (up to your 25th birthday)
  • Council Tax Hardship Scheme. If you get Council Tax Support and can’t pay your Council Tax, you can apply for help under our hardship scheme
  • Second Adult Rebate. If you have reached pension age, do not live with a partner and share a home with another adult who is on a low income you may be eligible for a rebate to reduce your council tax bill.
  • Reclaim Council Tax Support For Universal Credit Customers.  If you have previously claimed Council Tax Support from Redditch Borough Council AND you are claiming Universal Credit. You can find out more in the Apply section on this page.