Skip to content

We have encountered a system issue with the recalculation of Council Tax Support for Working Age claims, we are currently working through the affected claims to correct them.
Once this has been done you will receive a revised notification letter and a new Council Tax bill.

We have sent out our end of year benefit letters...
...If you have read your letter and all the details about you and your household are correct you do not need to contact us.
If you notice some of your information needs to be updated tell us using our tell us about a change form.

The way we calculate Council Tax Support for working age customers is going to change
from 1st April 2021.

See here for more information about our new CTS banded scheme.

Area (press to sort)Update
Universal Credit The Government has issued advice on Coronavirus and claiming benefits
Council Tax Support You may have become eligible for Council Tax Support (which has been increased)
Essential Living Fund Applications to our essential food & goods vouchers scheme do not currently require a bank statement
Housing Benefit Extra help has also been introduced for Housing Benefits, for which payments are being paid as normal.
Self employed and businesses If you run a business or are self employed a number of initiatives to support you have been put in place.
Test and Trace Support Payments The government have announced a new Covid support package to support and enforce residents to self-isolate.

Warning Sign Tiny Coronavirus update Warning Sign Tiny

Whilst we try and support as many people as we can at this difficult time can we kindly request that you only contact us by telephone with emergencies or Essential Living Fund applications at this time.

Here are current service updates during the Coronavirus outbreak. For all the council's wider Coronavirus updates, press here.