Skip to content

Request your personal data

Under Data Protection legislation you have the right to obtain:

  • Confirmation data is being processed,
  • Other supplementary information which corresponds with the privacy notice

The information will be provided free of charge, however a ‘reasonable fee’ can be charged when a request is excessive or repeated.

You will need to provide proof of identity.

Information will be provided within one month of receipt of a request once it is accepted. The period for compliance can be extended by a further 2 months where requests are complex or numerous, but you will be informed of this within the first month, with an explanation of why the extension is necessary

Unlawfully obtaining or attempting to obtain data is a criminal offence.

Proof of identity

We require proof of your identity including your name, date of birth and current address before we can disclose personal data. You should provide two forms of ID, such as:

  1. Birth certificate.
  2. Photo identification in the form of a passport or driving license.
  3. Official letter addressed to you at your address such as a bank statement, recent utility or Council Tax bill.

If you have changed your name, please supply the relevant documents as evidence of this.

If you are acting on behalf of someone

If you are acting on behalf of someone you will need to provide evidence of your identity as well as that of the ‘data subject’, along with proof of your right to act on their behalf, by way of a signed letter from the data subject, or confirmation of power of attorney, etc. If you are a parent, foster parent or carer, acting on behalf of a child under 12 years of age you will need to provide proof of parental responsibility. Children 12 and over are effectively treated as adults by data protection legislation.