Skip to content

Contact: Private Sector Housing contact details

Team phone

01527 534123

Team email


Town Hall,
Walter Stranz Square
B98 1AH

Landlord and Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

If your property is occupied by more than a single household by at least 5 persons and access or any other facility is shared, you must usually register it as an HMO and in some cases licence it.

Living in a House in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

Help and advice if you are living in Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

Renting privately

A range of houses and flats are available for rent from private landlords, and you may be eligible for help to pay your rent.

Sponsor someone to move from a non-EU country

For you to sponsor someone to move here from a non-EU country a property the person will move into has to pass an inspection.