Skip to main content

Alcohol and entertainment

Alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment

The supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment is regulated by the Licensing Act 2003. This affects those who are concerned with:-

  • Pubs and nightclubs
  • Indoor sporting events
  • Off-licences
  • Restaurants that serve alcohol
  • Businesses offering hot food between 11 pm and 5 am
  • Hotels, guest houses and other places that sell alcohol
  • Private members' clubs and social clubs
  • Theatres and amateur dramatic groups
  • Cinemas
  • Organisers of occasional entertainment events - "temporary events"

The links below have more information on what you need to know.

Feedback & Share