Learn to swim or improve your swimming
From absolute beginner; learn to swim lessons to advanced swimming skills, we have lessons for you and your family.
You can learn to swim through seven progressive stages, from absolute beginners starting at stage one right up to the advanced final stage.
Our lessons are taught to the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) National Plan For Teaching Swimming. Our multi-skill programme will teach you to swim and then be proficient in the water, leading to lots more aquatic sports options such as competitive swimming, diving, synchronised swimming, water polo and lifeguarding.
We have more teachers per swimmer than the national standards: one teacher for every eight beginner or 12 advanced swimmers, against national standards of 12:1 or 20:1.
All our teachers are fully ASA qualified as either level 2 teachers or assistants, with extensive knowledge of teaching to all abilities. We are a nationally Approved Training Centre for lifeguarding.
Times and dates
- Anyone: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 4pm, 4.30pm, 5pm and 5.30pm. Saturdays 8.00am, 8.30am, 9am, 9.30am, 10am, 10.30am.
- Beginners: Fridays 4pm, 4.30pm, 5pm and 5.30pm
- Anyone: Sunday 2.00pm, 2.30pm, 3.00pm and 3.30pm
- Improvers/Rookie Lifesaving: Saturdays 11am - 12pm
- Advanced/Squad: Saturdays 11pm, 12.00pm.
- Adults only: Saturdays 8:30 - 9:00am
- Both adult and child (ages 4 and up) lessons available
- Lessons are 30 minutes in duration
- Lessons are booked in advance in blocks of ten weeks and can be paid for by direct debit.
Keep up to date
Visit our Facebook page - Springs Swim School Abbey Stadium.
To book lessons please contact the centre directly. Contact us here.
Please note; there is currently a waiting list in operation.
Time scales range from 2 - 3 months.
What will your child achieve?
One to One lessons
One to One lessons are also available for that extra tuition.
It costs £15 for a 30 minute lesson.
Lessons are available during a variety of times, however, this is staff dependant.
Please note a waiting list is currently in operation.