Skip to main content

Home repairs assistance

If you're a homeowner we may be available to provide you with practical help and interest free loans to repair, improve and adapt your home via Home Repairs Assistance (HRA).

To qualify for HRA you must

  • Be a homeowner over the age of 18 and
  • Have lived in your property for at least three years and
  • Receive an income related benefit including Income support, Income based Job Seekers Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Pension Credit and
  • Have less than £16,000 in savings.

HRA can help with

  • Structural problems
  • Damp proof courses
  • Windows and external doors
  • External walls suffering from penetrating damp
  • Plumbing and replacement of lead water pipes
  • Boilers and heating
  • Wiring
  • Boundary walls
  • Essential paths.

Care and Repair Worcestershire provide the complete service all the way through the process from initial advice, to practical help on repairs, advice on funding or benefits and help to apply. They can also arrange quotes from reputable, vetted tradespeople for you and supervise and inspect the works.

You do not have to use Care and Repair Worcestershire to receive an HRA loan from us.

Loan information

  1. Financed by Redditch Borough Council
  2. Amount your could get depends on circumstances
  3. Interest free
  4. Does not affect benefits
  5. Is repaid to us when ownership of the property changes, by way of a ‘land charge’ against the property.

Retrospective applications cannot be made. You must not carry out any work until you have received written approval.

Apply for Home Repairs Assistance

Contact Care and Repair Worcestershire here.

Feedback & Share