Out of hours emergency repairs at our homes
We understand that an emergency can occur at any time, and we have an emergency repair team available for you outside of our normal working hours. During an out of hours appointment, they will make it safe for you, for example, boarding a broken window, or isolating a leak, however a return visit may be required during normal hours for any permanent repairs.
Emergency Repair Examples -
- Boiler breakdown resulting in no heating or hot water - Please ensure you have your gas meter in credit if applicable, and your boiler pressure says 1 - 1.5
- Loss of electrics or faulty cooker switches - If you suspect an appliance tripped the electrics, if you are able to, unplug the appliances, reset the electrics, and see if that resolves the issue
- No mains water, sewage leaks or blocked overflowing drains
- Toilet not functioning
- Compromised structural integrity
- Compromised security or access via front or back door
- Faults in fire detection in flats and communal areas
- Emergency lighting
- Lift breakdowns
- Removal of fire hazards/combustible items in common areas
- Other risks outlined in the Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the Housing Act 2004
It falls within your responsibility to arrange repair of any damage that was caused by you or anyone within your property. If you are unable to resolve the repair and wish for us to complete it on your behalf, this will be completed during our normal working hours, then the full cost of repair and administration will be charged to you.
If the property has been damaged due to a crime incident, such as by a break – in or vandalism, we will make your home safe for you during out of hours. However, a Police crime reference number is required for the permanent repairs to be completed during normal working hours, without additional charge.
Our Normal Working Hours are
9-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
Outside of these hours repairs are directed to our out of hours
, therefore if your emergency repair is outside of these times please call 01527 67666