Gas boilers and central heating
Coronavirus update: As part of measures to protect everyone from Coronavirus in line with Government advice, we are now visiting homes for emergency work only. This means repairs are currently limited to:
- Total boiler failures, and
- Uncontainable water leaks from any central heating pipework.
No other repairs or checks will be carried out at this time.
For everyone's safety you MUST tell us if:
- You are self-isolating with symptoms,
- You have been in contact with someone who is now self-isolating with symptoms, or
- You start self-isolating with symptoms after we have booked an appointment with you.
If any of these apply we will require all members of the household as a minimum to be in a different room when we attend.
For all the council's coronavirus service updates, press here.
If you're a council tenant your gas boiler and central heating must have an annual safety check.
We have a legal obligation to ensure this is carried out and when it is time for your service we will contact you to make an appointment.
You must make every effort to allow access. Appointments for your service can be made for between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. If you need a different time, please contact us.
It is essential to have an annual gas safety check to protect your life and the lives of your family. Carbon monoxide poisoning kills around 30 people a year.