Homeowners - Apply for a disabled parking space
Under certain conditions you can request us to create a disabled parking space close to where you live.
To be considered for this you must be:
- A Blue Badge holder and
- In receipt of mobility related benefits and
- The registered owner of a vehicle and
- Experiencing problems accessing your property.
Please note that residential disabled car parking spaces provided under the Disabled Car Parking Space scheme are advisory only, and have no legal standing. Although able-bodied drivers are encouraged not to park within a disabled parking space, anyone can use them. Their use relies on the good will of people in the community.
Things to consider
- You must meet the criteria outlined in the council's adopted Disabled Car Parking Space (DCPS) Policy
- It’s not always possible to install disabled parking bays
- It takes at least 12 weeks to process applications and install parking bays
- As the weather and emergencies frequently cause our works schedules to change, we may not be able to give out definite timescales for installing disabled parking spaces.
Make an application
Our application form is currently being redesigned.
Please contact your Locality Team
More information on Blue Badges
Here is more information on blue badges from GOV.UK.