Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Privacy Notice
Bromsgrove District Council (BDC) and Redditch Borough Council (RBC) are administering schemes under the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Schemes (GHG LAD), funded and run by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
For Phase 1a of this Scheme, BDC and RBC are part of a Worcestershire Consortium led by Wychavon District Council and local energy advice agency Act on Energy. Applications and eligibility data (including those that may be held on a waiting list for Phase 2) are being collected and processed by YES Energy Solutions, who are procured by BDC and RBC to deliver the Bromsgrove and Redditch Energy Advice Service.
For Phase 2 BDC and RBC will receive their allocation directly from the Midlands Energy Hub, who are procuring an agency to manage the customer journey, monitoring and quality control. Energy Hubs are a government (BEIS) funded initiative that support the capacity of LEPs and Local Authorities to identify and deliver local energy strategies and projects.
This notice relates to data collected under this scheme and sets out how your personal data will be used and your rights. It is made under Articles 13 and/or 14 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR
We will process the following personal data:
- Address and details of property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the GHG LAD installation(s) installed at the property, including type, size and cost
- Contact address (if not the property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s))
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Your name
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property EPC details where appropriate
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your name
- Relevant accreditation and registration information
- Contact address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Details of GHG LAD installations delivered
- Whether directly contracted or sub-contracted by LA to install GHG LAD installations
- The number of employees in your organisation
The purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal data is to support the delivery and administration of the and GHG LAD (the Scheme).
Delivery and administration of the Scheme may require linking of your data to other datasets held by Bromsgrove District Council/Redditch Borough Council (as applicable) or the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
BEIS will be conducting an evaluation of the Scheme. This may include you being contacted to take part in further research. Where the research involves processing of personal data in addition to that already collected for delivery of the Scheme, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to that research at the point of contact.
Your data may also be used for statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
a) Consent: You consent to us doing so; and
(b) Public task: Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller, such as the exercise of a function of the Crown, a Minister of the Crown, or a government department; the exercise of a function conferred on a person by an enactment; the exercise of a function of either House of Parliament; or the administration of justice.
Public task: Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
The specific public task is the delivery, administration and evaluation of, as well as statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes relating to, the Scheme, a government funded scheme aiming to raise the energy efficiency of low energy performance homes (those rated at EPC Band E, F or G and also D for Phase 2), including off-gas grid homes. Funding is provided to Local Authorities who engage consumers and manage the delivery of installations in homes.
Consent: Use of your personal data to contact you to take part in further research will be subject to your consent.
Your personal data will be shared with:
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes. BEIS Personal Information Charter can be found here
Surefire Management Services (SMS), who will manage the delivery of works under this scheme for BDC and RBC.
Novus Property Solutions and their subcontractors, including specialist retrofit contractors Compliance Specifics/Energy Specifics, who will deliver works to RBC Housing properties
We may share your data if we are required to do so by law, for example by court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and will therefore also be shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
Your personal data will be stored securely by us. We will only hold your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule.
Your personal data will be stored securely by BEIS for a maximum period of 25 years following the close of the Scheme. BEIS may choose to store anonymised data beyond this period.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, where processing is based on your consent.
- Where the processing is based on consent, or where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or in order to take steps at the data subject’s request prior to entering into a contract:
- You have the right to request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for this to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
How to make a request
If you wish to make a request associated with any of the rights listed above, contact Bromsgrove District Council/ Redditch Borough Council (as applicable), Wychavon District Council or BEIS using the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
Your personal data will not be processed outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), or by an international organisation.
As personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services, your data may be transferred and stored securely outside the European Economic Area. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through the use of Model Contract Clauses.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts
The data controllers for your personal data are Bromsgrove District Council or Redditch Borough Council (as applicable), Wychavon District Council, and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
You can contact the Wychavon District Council Data Protection Officer at:
Address: Legal Services, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore WR10 1PT
You can contact the BEIS Data Protection Officer at:
BEIS Data Protection Officer
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street