Skip to content

Alcohol, entertainment & late night refreshment

The supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment is regulated by the Licensing Act 2003. This affects those who are concerned with:-

  • Pubs and nightclubs
  • Indoor sporting events
  • Off-licences
  • Restaurants that serve alcohol
  • Businesses offering hot food between 11 pm and 5 am
  • Hotels, guest houses and other places that sell alcohol
  • Private members' clubs and social clubs
  • Theatres and amateur dramatic groups
  • Cinemas
  • Organisers of occasional entertainment events - "temporary events"

The links below have more information on what you need to know.