Strong and Steady Exercise Programme
We want to support you to stay active during this difficult time.... here is a video of 6 key exercises that you can follow from home.
Please make sure that there are no trip hazards on the floor, that your clothing gives freedom of movement and that you have sensible shoes and a chair....
We will be back to class once the government guidelines allow, if in the meantime you would like to register your interest in joining a Strong and Steady exercise class please contact us on the telephone number or email below and we will be in touch.
- Do you want to increase your strength, mobility and flexibility?
- Do you want to improve your posture and stamina?
This scheme is supported by the NHS and is specifically designed to help people who have problems with strength and balance and who consider themselves to be at risk of falling.
If you would like to join a Strong and Steady Exercise programme please either call Hayley on 01527 881404 or email Hayley Gwilliam who will take your name and contact details and add you to the register.
We currently have 3 rolling programmes across Redditch
- The Bridge Memorial Hall, Headless Cross, Tuesdays 1pm to 2pm
- The Space, Winyates Centre - Wednesdays 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Windmill Community Centre, Walkwood, Thursdays 12.45pm to 1.45pm
This is what you can expect to do in class:-
- The instructor will guide you through some exercises to help with strength and balance.
- Each week the exercises will get a little bit harder, probably without you noticing
- As the weeks progress you will be taught how to get up from the floor should you have a fall
- At the end of each class there will be a little bit of relaxation and stretching
- The classes are held at community venues around Redditch
- Each class costs £3.50 - no payment is required if you can't make it
- Each class lasts for 1 hour
- We provide an exercise booklet so that you can exercise at home too
Although we cannot arrange transport for you we do work closely with Dial A Ride in Redditch, who give priority to our classes. If you would like to use their services please click here for details.
Take the 'Tea Test'
How do you like yours? Strong or weak? In a mug or cup? Is carrying the cup around getting harder? How about getting downstairs to make a drink? Test your - or your relatives' - steadiness today, with our simple Tea Test.