Strong and Steady Classes
We are now taking registrations for classes in being held at:-
- Batchley Community Centre
- The Windmill Centre in Hunt End.
To register your interest in joining this nationwide falls prevention programme please complete the registration form below or call me Hayley on 01527 881404. I can take your details over the telephone in a few minutes and discuss the most suitable venue for you to attend.
If you do need help with transport Dial-a-ride do prioritise our customers, you can see more about them here.... DIAL-A-RIDE
The Strong and Steady Exercise programme is designed for people who feel unsteady on their feet or have had a fall. These classes aim to improve strength and balance, and they make people feel more confident when out and about. They could make the difference between remaining independent living too.
Medical professionals can refer into the classes or if you feel that you would benefit from this type of targeted exercise you can complete a self referral form yourself. Once we receive the referral you will be invited to attend a session that is close to your home.
If you would like to join any of these classes or would like more information, in the first instance please complete the form below and someone will get in touch with you, or call Hayley on 01527 881404.
Here is an idea of what you can expect in class.
We want to support you to stay active during this difficult time.... here is a video of 6 key exercises that you can follow from home.
Please make sure that there are no trip hazards on the floor, that your clothing gives freedom of movement and that you have sensible shoes and a chair....
- Do you want to increase your strength, mobility and flexibility?
- Do you want to improve your posture and stamina?
This scheme is supported by the NHS and is specifically designed to help people who have problems with strength and balance and who consider themselves to be at risk of falling.
This is what you can expect to do in class:-
- The instructor will guide you through some exercises to help with strength and balance.
- Each week the exercises will get a little bit harder, probably without you noticing
- As the weeks progress you will be taught how to get up from the floor should you have a fall
- At the end of each class there will be a little bit of relaxation and stretching
- Each class lasts for 1 hour
- We provide an exercise booklet so that you can exercise at home too
Although we cannot arrange transport for you we do work closely with Dial A Ride in Redditch, who give priority to our classes. If you would like to use their services please click here for details.
As a Local Authority we collect, hold and process information supplied by you in accordance with the Data Protection Act, to allow us to provide services effectively. You can find out more regarding this and our privacy notice here.