My bin hasn’t been emptied!
Before you report your bin as missed please check your bin day here.
If you leave the correct bin at the kerbside for 7am on your collection day, we will empty it more than 99.9% of the time.
We can't empty a wrong bin, a late bin, or a bin that hasn't been put out on the kerbside. Nor can we empty an overloaded bin, or a bin that contains the wrong type of waste.
We are only able to visit you once on our rounds, so if we encounter any of the above problems we won't be able to return and empty your bin until your next collection day, which is usually in two weeks.
- Always ensure your bin is out for collection on the kerbside by 7am on your collection day
- Never overload your bin or fill it with the wrong type of waste - it's your responsibility
- If your bin isn't emptied, please correct any problems in time for us to be able to empty your bin on your next collection day.
- Find out what you can put in your bins (Non garden waste) here
- Find out what you can and can't put in you Garden Waste (Brown) bin here
Has my bin really been missed?
On occasions it is necessary for the crew to change their route. This may mean they come to you earlier or later than normal. If you haven't seen the crew by 3pm please contact us.
The wagons fill up and need to be emptied. This can happen at any point on the round so if the crew leave half way through emptying the bins in your street, this could be the reason.
Excess Waste - Orange waste sacks
If you have an overloaded bin we cannot empty it, but did you know that you can leave up to 3 orange sacks of non-recyclable waste by the side of your grey bin on your grey collection day?
Orange sack can be purchased from the cashiers at our customer service centres for £1.90 each
As a Local Authority we collect, hold and process information supplied by you in accordance with the Data Protection Act, to allow us to provide services effectively. You can find out more regarding this and our fair processing notices here.