Garden waste service
Our garden waste collections provide an easy way to get rid of your compostable garden waste. We provide you with a brown wheelie bin and empty it every 2 weeks during the growing season (9 months - usually March to November).
Last collections for 2018 will be week commencing 3rd December.
- The cost is £45 for 20 collections plus a one off £20 set up fee.
- You can pay for as many bins as you need.
- There is only one size of brown bin which is 240 litre.
- No concessions or part payments available.
- Refunds will only be made if requested prior to your first collection.
Things that can go in the brown bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Branches (up to 10cm diameter)
- Clippings and leaves
- Weeds, plants and flowers
Things that can't go in the brown bin:
- Kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit
- Any plastic, including bags and bin liners
- Turf, soil, rubble, concrete or stones
- Animal waste and bedding
Bin liners MUST not be used in your brown bin. The composting process takes 14 weeks and even biodegradable liners are not compatible.
What happens to the garden waste once it is collected?
Once bulked up the waste is taken by Severn Waste Services to Hill and Moor composting facility near Pershore. The material is shredded and left to compost naturally in large rows. Once the process has fully completed the material is screened and is ready for use as a soil conditioner called Greengrow. You can find out more about the composting process and how to buy Greengrow here: http://www.severnwaste.com/composting/
How to subscribe to the Garden Waste Service
To subscribe to this service you need to set up a Direct Debit (DD) you can do this by:
Due to high demand we are currently unable to offer the service on a Wednesday as the round is now full. Please keep checking the webpage for updates.
Request a replacement bin
For existing customer who require a replacement bin please complete the online form
Tell us you are moving or to cancel your waste service
We collect from your address, so if you're moving house please let us know so we can update our records. Here is our online form to notify us. You can take your brown bin with you when you move.