Garden waste service
Our garden waste collections provide an easy way to get rid of your compostable garden waste. We provide you with a brown wheelie bin and empty it every 2 weeks during the growing season (9 months - usually March to November). The 2018 service will start w/c 26 February.
If you had a missed collection w/c 26 February we will be add an extra collection at the end of the collection calendar to ensure you receive the 20 collections.
- The cost is £45 for 20 collections plus a one off £20 set up fee.
- You can pay for as many bins as you need.
- There is only one size of brown bin which is 240 litre.
- No concessions or part payments available.
- Refunds will only be made if requested prior to your first collection.
Things that can go in the brown bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Branches (up to 10cm diameter)
- Clippings and leaves
- Weeds, plants and flowers
Things that can't go in the brown bin:
- Kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit
- Any plastic, including bags and bin liners
- Turf, soil, rubble, concrete or stones
- Animal waste and bedding
Bin liners MUST not be used in your brown bin. The composting process takes 14 weeks and even biodegradable liners are not compatible.
How to subscribe to the Garden Waste Service
To subscribe to this service you need to set up a Direct Debit (DD) you can do this by:
Due to high demand we are currently unable to offer the service on a Wednesday as the round is now full. Please keep checking the webpage for updates.
Request a replacement bin
Tell us you are moving or to cancel your waste service
We collect from your address, so if you're moving house please let us know so we can update our records. Here is our online form to notify us. You can take your brown bin with you when you move.