Submit a planning application
Your planning application must include certain information for us to be able to start processing it.
You can submit your application online, which has several advantages: we receive your application instantly, you can begin to check progress on it sooner, and you do not have to print and copy the various forms and plans. You can also pay the application fee online.
Make sure it's 'valid'
A guidance note for potential applicants to refer to when considering the submission of a planning application can be found here.
If an application has everything it needs, it is called a valid application. We have to send invalid applications back to be completed, which causes costs and delays. Around half of all applications we receive are invalid! If you need any help or advice on this please contact us beforehand.
As a general guide, a standard planning application requires all of the following to be valid:
- Payment of fees
- Your application form, your design and access statement if applicable, your block plan, your plans and elevations for both existing and proposed work, your location plan to scale at either 1:1250 or 1:2500 (including: a North Point; at least one and preferably two road names; at least three properties identified by name or number; minimum A4 sized). If you are submitting a paper application, you will need to submit two copies of everything.
Apply and submit online here at the Planning Portal. A non-refundable service charge of £16.67 + VAT applies to all applications submitted through the Planning Portal online application system, excluding applications which do not attract a planning application fee. This fee is payable at the time of submission. Please note the service charge is an additional charge to the required planning application fee.
You can also download paper forms from the Planning Portal. There is no charge for submitting a paper version of your application directly to the Council.
Please note: Redditch Borough has not adopted a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). Please do not complete this section on your application form.
The Planning Portal will automatically process all payments for planning applications made online. This means that you will be able to pay for your online application via the Planning Portal using a standardised set of payment options:
- Secure online payment by credit or debit card (for payments up to £1,000)
- Payment by telephone (for payments up to £1,000)
- Payment by bank transfer
- Payment by cheque
- Nominating somebody else to pay online
For non-Planning Portal application submissions, you have the following options:
- Via BACS electronic transfer. Use sort code 309697 and account number 00369020 and quote 07516321 (applications) and the planning reference number or 07516367 (discharge of conditions applications) and the planning reference number. It is important that you telephone the planning team on 01527 881770 to confirm the transaction.
- With a cheque for the correct amount with the first line of the site address on the reverse and a covering letter to this address
- Over the telephone with us here. If an Officer is not available when you call, please leave a message and we will call you back.