The full Universal Credit service has been rolled out in Redditch. It is the new working age benefit from the government that replaces six income based benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, and
- Income Support.
It is is paid once a month into a bank or building society account.
Some people are exempt from Universal Credit, for example if you have more than two children and do not already get Universal Credit, if you live in certain types of supported accommodation.
If you find yourself out of work or on reduced hours, you will be able to apply for Universal Credit here. Other information is also available by following that link.
Please note that to apply you will need:
- An active email address
- A mobile phone number
- Details of your bank account, building society or credit union account
- Your rent or mortgage costs
- Your wages
- Details of any children and/or your partner
- Photo ID (exceptions apply).
Universal Credit is not administered by us.